- Founded in 1988 by Rudi Schindhelm as an individual undertaking for manufacturing punched and bent components for the stroller industry
- 1997 taking over the metal manufacturing of Streng Kinderwagen GmbH & Co KG; start of CNC tube bending processing
- Over the following years, manufacture of metal furniture components increasingly gained in importance
- 1999 investment in a CNC lathing centre for serial production of turned parts
- 2000 implementation of SolidWorks for preparing 3D models and drawings
- 2003 implementation of a PPS system
- 2005 four fully automated CNC lathing centres are manufacturing turned parts in serial production
- On 1 January 2007, the individual undertaking, Rudi Schindhelm Metallverarbeitung, was contributed to Rudi Schindhelm Metall GmbH & Co KG; general managers are Rudi Schindhelm and Dipl.-Ing. (TU) Christian Fischer.
- 2006 almost 50 persons are employed by the company; we manufacture sophisticated metal racks and deliver these, finished and packed in cardboard boxes, free-to-the-door to our customers all over Europe.
- 2007 commissioning of a welding robot to reduce the workload of our ten MAG/WIG manual welding positions
- 2008 procurement of a tube laser plant for cost-efficient processing of tubes
- 2011 procurement of a second welding robot
- 2012 new construction of Plant 2 with 3000 m2 of production area at Schafgasse 4a
- 2012 expansion of the metal sheet process chain through investment in a 2D sheet metal laser cutter, a CNC press brake, deburring and polishing machine, a pressfit automate and a CNC tube bending machine up to d=70mm
- 2014 investment in another 3D tube laser machine for processing tubes of larger diameters (commissioning in February 2015)
- We currently employ more than 60 persons.
Our mission statement
- We strive to meet customer requirements to the highest possible degree.
- We work in a customer-oriented manner – internally as well as externally.
- We are advancing towards or “zero error target” through continuous improvement.
- We address problems in a direct, open and timely manner.
- We strive to prevent errors and eliminate error sources, from the initial customer enquiry right up to application of our products.
- We adhere to existing, applicable rules, workflows and processes.
- We bank on the obligation and the right of our motivated employees to eliminate circumstances that are standing in the way of manufacturing our products at flawless quality.
- We treat one another with respect.
- We are able to take criticism.
- We prefer a personal meeting over communicating by e-mail.
- We are committed to continuously improving the effectiveness of our management system.